Science of Computational Logic
Science of Computational Logic
Course with SWS 2/2/0 (lecture/exercise/practical) in WS 2014
This is the follow-up course to Logic. The course will run with 4 hours of lectures and 4 hours of tutorials per week.
We cover the areas of automated deduction and automated deduction systems, knowledge representation and reasoning, logic-based databases, program development, language design, semantics and verification methods, computational logic and machine learning, computational logic and natural language processing.
- Description Logics:
- F. Baader. What's new in description logics. Informatik Spektrum, 34(5):434-442, 2011.
- F. Baader, D. Calvanese, D. McGuinness, D. Nardi, and P. Patel-Schneider. The Description Logic Handbook. Cambridge University Press, 2003.
- David A. Plaisted. Equational reasoning and term rewriting system. In D. M. Gabbay, C. J. Hogger and J. A. Robinson, editors, Handbook of Logic in Artificial Intelligence and Logic Programming, volume 1, chapter 5. Oxford University Press, Oxford, 1993.
- Unification Theory:
- F. Baader and W. Snyder. Unification Theory. In J. A. Robinson and A. Voronkov, editors, Handbook of Automated Reasoning. Elsevier Science Publishers B.V., 1999.
- Fluent Calculus:
- S. Hölldobler and J. Schneeberger. A new deductive approach to planning.New Generation Computing, 8:225-244, 1990.
- R. A. Kowalski. Logic programming in arficial intelligence. In Proceedungs of the International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence, 1991.
- A.C. Kakas, R.A. Kowalski and F. Toni. Abductive Logic Programming. Journal of Logic and Computation, 2(6):719-770, 1993.
- C. Walther. Mathematical Induction. In D. M. Gabbay, C. J. Hogger and J. A. Robinson, editors, Handbook of Logic in Artificial Intelligence and Logic Programming, volume 2, pages 127-228. Oxford Science Publications, 1994.
- Default Logic:
- G. Antoniou. A tutorial on default logics. ACM Computing Surveys, 31(4):337-359, 1999.
- Machine Learning:
- Tom M. Mitchell. Machine Learning, McGraw-Hill and MIT Press,1997.
- N. Dershowitz. Termination of Rewriting. In Journal of Symbolic Computation (1987) 3, 69-116
|Lecture||Introduction||DS4, December 3, 2014 in APB E005||Download, Download, Download|
|Lecture||Description Logic||DS4, December 4, 2014 in|
|Lecture||Equational Logic||DS4, December 5, 2014 in||Download|
|Exercise||Description Logic, Sheet 1||DS5, December 8, 2014 in||Download|
|Exercise||Description Logic, Sheet 1, Equational Logic Sheet||DS3, December 9, 2014 in||Download|
|Lecture||Equational Logic||DS4, December 11, 2014 in|
|Exercise||Equational Logic Exercise Sheet||DS4, December 15, 2014 in|
|Exercise||Equational Logic||DS3, December 16, 2014 in|
|Lecture||Actions and Causality||DS4, December 17, 2014 in||Download|
|Lecture||Deduction, Abduction, Induction||DS4, December 18, 2014 in||Download|
|Exercise||Equational Logic||DS5, January 5, 2015 in|
|Exercise||Actions and Causality||DS3, January 6, 2015 in||Download|
|Lecture||Deduction, Abduction, Induction||DS4, January 7, 2015 in|
|Lecture||Deduction, Abduction, Induction||DS4, January 8, 2015 in|
|Exercise||Abduction, Datastructure||DS5, January 12, 2015 in||Download|
|Exercise||Induction||DS3, January 13, 2015 in||Download|
|Lecture||Non-Monotonic Reasoning||DS4, January 14, 2015 in||Download|
|Lecture||Non-Monotonic Reasoning||DS4, January 15, 2015 in|
|Exercise||Induction, Closed World Assumption||DS4, January 19, 2015 in||Download|
|Exercise||Closed World Assumption||DS3, January 20, 2015 in|
|Lecture||Non-Monotonic Reasoning||DS4, January 21, 2015 in|
|Lecture||Non-Monotonic Reasoning||DS4, January 22, 2015 in|
|Exercise||Completion, Circumscription||DS5, January 26, 2015 in||Download|
|Exercise||Default Reasoning||DS3, January 27, 2015 in||Download|
|Exercise||Answer Set Programming||DS5, February 2, 2015 in||Download|
|Exercise||TBA||DS3, February 3, 2015 in|
|Exercise||Default Logic and Answer Set Programming||DS4, February 4, 2015 in APB E005|
|Exercise||Open discussion||DS3, February 6, 2015 in APB E005|